Thursday 20 August 2020

NANA AGYEMANG ALLUDES TO TECHNOLOGY MAKING MUSIC EASY

Ace Ghanaian musician, Nana Agyemang known for his controversial songs has made it known that the current breed of high-life musicians are having things on a silver platter. Nana Agyemang who has four albums to his name in an interview on Time FM also took the opportunity to speak on his new single 'Self-Control'.

Speaking to Time Brunch host, Akwasi Ampofo, the controversial musician traced his beginnings to gospel bands going on to claim most of his songs are gospel. He also hinted on his relationship with the late Ghanaian music queen, Ewurama Badu claiming his talent is inherent.

Nana Agyemang
"I started music with gospel bands, precisely the Roman Catholic band. Most of my songs are gospel inspired for example my latest single."

"My music is based on social issues and creativity. I always like to stand out. I write my own music. My mum is a good singer and also the late Ewurama Badu was my auntie."

A reminiscent Nana Agyemang named 'Araba' as the song that swung him to fame whilst making a plea with some old names in the industry to make a comeback. He also advised the current musicians on how to make good and lasting songs whilst blaming technology for making music too easy.

"I have called K.K Fosu to come back. Kwame Eugene, Kidi and and King Promise are doing well but they should work on their sound programming to create a difference. They should also add bridges to ease monotony. It's (music) easier now than before due to technology. This makes them all sound similar."

"My song 'Araba' took me far. I remember in 2000, I was selected for the Miss Ghana national tour".

Despite the modern musicians having it easy due to technology, Nana Agyemang expressed an interest in having a collaboration with some whilst encouraging them to have 'live band' performances over miming.

"I will be interested in having a collaboration with Kwame Eugene and Afia Awindor (Efya). Also, as musicians we should opt for live band performances since it provides room for creativity during performances."

Nana Agyemang who has some classical songs like 'Kwahu Bepo' is currently promoting his new single 'self-control' which he asserts to be one of his many gospel songs. 

Source; Time Brunch on Time 96.9 FM (Obuasi)

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVEALED: ELVIS OPOKU PAID 50,000 TO ADUANA TO EARN HIS MOVE TO LCFC

Legon Cities' recently recruited midfield gem, Elvis Opoku has opened up about claims of joining the club majorly for financial reasons....