Thursday 24 September 2020

I'M NOT HERE TO JOKE- DACOSTA CRIES OUT

Newly acquired Ashgold utility defender, Empem Dacosta has echoed his willingness to give out his best for the 'Yellow and Black'. Dacosta, primarily a central defender, joined the Obuasi based club from regional rivals Asante Kotoko. 


Dacosta who joined Asante Kotoko from Karela United in July, 2019 on a 3 year deal mutually terminated his deal after nearly a year in Kumasi. Lack of playing opportunities after the exit of gaffer Kjetil Zacchariasen forced his premature exit from the club.

In a interview with TIME FM on his first day at training with Ashantigold, the hard tackling defender expressed that he is in Obuasi to work whilst showing respect to his new colleagues.

"It's a great opportunity to join the club. I came to work. I'm not here to joke. Nothing new. I have a relationship with some of them already. I pray things work out well. I'll respect my teammates regardless of where I'm coming from."

He is expected to help the Miners in the 2020/21 CAF Confederations Cup.  

 

 

By: Kwasi Gyamfi Din-Chin 


No comments:

Post a Comment

REVEALED: ELVIS OPOKU PAID 50,000 TO ADUANA TO EARN HIS MOVE TO LCFC

Legon Cities' recently recruited midfield gem, Elvis Opoku has opened up about claims of joining the club majorly for financial reasons....